No injuries in fire on Holtz Road

Posted

MIO — No injuries were reported in a structure fire on Holtz Road around 1 a.m. on March 27, according to Tri-Town Fire Chief Dave Stenzel.

Stenzel said the fire started in the attic near the chimney. He said the cause appears to be a chimney fire, but was unable to confirm at press time.

“I’m really leaning toward chimney fire because of where it was at,” Stenzel said. “That was the hottest part of the fire.”

He said there was significant damage to the inside of the home.

Tri-Town Fire Department responded to the fire and received assistance from the Luzerne Fire Department. Stenzel said the fire was cleared by 4:30 a.m.

Comments

Please review our community guidelines before posting

Please keep comments on topic and appropriate for all ages. Remember that people of all ages read our website. Those that are not appropriate will be removed. Please read our full community guidelines before posting.

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment

Copyright © 2017, Sunrise Publishing. Powered by: Creative Circle Advertising Solutions, Inc.